We strive to preserve and promote Hellenic culture throughout our programs. We are committed to fostering a sense of community and inclusivity via cultural and social experiences. The Cultural Department will continue to put forth its best efforts to provide opportunities for all Hellenes and Philhellenes.
Dance: Programs include student and adult Dance Programs for ages 4 to 18 and 19+ that run three days during the week.
Theatre: Our Theatre Program continues to run, with great success. Over the past 5 years, the theatre team has put on successful productions. The team is composed of the Art director, and volunteer actors.
Athletics: As of now, has been promoted via organization of marathon participation (i.e., Scotiabank marathon). In the future, hope to establish athletic program that runs weekly and is at the beginner/intermediate level.
Traditional Dance Groups - 2023 to 2024
- The Greek dancing course introduces students to the world of Greek dances and music.
- We are proud to offer Greek dance lessons from different regions of Greece and they will have the pleasure of performing at various events.
- We offer an array of programs geared towards beginner, intermediate and advanced dancers for ages 4-18. Our new 19+ adult program that started January 2023, has been a great success and now expanded to an addition classes.
- The dance curriculum for the 2023/24 year includes dances and their history. Participants are taught dances from each region of Greece in addition to many modern suites.
- We have been fortunate to have a selection of costumes to help bring our performances together. Currently we have over 100 pieces all brought in from various parts of Greece.
- We cannot thank Pronoia enough for their support in making this a reality for not only our oldest groups, but also our youngest groups.
- Thank you to our Cultural Department team for continuing to keep our costumes clean, repaired, organized and ready for performances.